Bali-Komodo-Bali Part 5

ok guys, this is the 5th and last section of the photo report of an unforgettable trip, I might add a "dragons special" page and eventually a "Bali quick sightseeing" section as well...

sticking to the UW subject, here are some other few shots... enjoy!


lion fish! it used to be one of my favorite subjects, after countless picture of them I kind of lost interest (better say that I shifted my focus on other creatures)... this one was hovering on top of some hard coral (most probably hunting for a meal) and provided an excellent composition...




did I mention that the quantity and size of coral and sponges was overwhelming? check this barrel sponge and the countless long-arm feather stars on it!!!




another old friend from Lembeh and Sipadan: crocodile fish! this time I went for a close-up as the pattern in their eyes always fascinated me




I know what you're thinking! Come on, don't be shy and say it! Are you scared to fall into the cliche'? OK then, I'll help you out... Let's shout it together with a kiddy voice! ready? here we go: NEEEEEEEEEMOOOO!




soft coral... had not had the strobes, I would have gone for a no flash and ending up with the black silhouette against the sun burst. My 2 babies really made the difference during this trip!




Jaw fish in this area are similar to those in Borneo, they have yellow "eyebrows", hence they differ from those I see in Similan which have them dark.




Fallen Star...




shrimp colony on anemone




Indian Ocean Walkman another "so-ugly-it-becomes-beautiful" creature...




the yellow-ous pigtail-ous whipcoral-ous... :-D



and that's all folks! well, not really... but I am way too overloaded with pictures, projects, work and many other things that I cannot afford to spend anymore time on this... but hey, no worries! as prevoiusly mentioned, I'll do couple of entries on dragons and bali exploring... hence more Indonesian pictures to come!

for the moment being, check the links to the other 4 sections!

Part 1
PART 2
Part 3
PART 4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

queste sono molto belle, passiamo appresso.

Kaye said...

Fantastico!! I have really enjoyed your Bali and Komodo sections and although there maybe be many more un-published photos i think the ones you have published speak a thousand words and i really got a feel for the underwater realm of Bali. Thanks so much for sharing.

PS. i'm not shy; NNNEEEEEEEMMMMOOOOO!!! :D

Kaye said...

I really get enjoyment from your blog entries and pix.

Give us more!!!

Post a Comment

 

Adriano's photo & pixel addiction Design by Insight © 2009